The January security release consists of security updates for the following software:
- Microsoft Windows
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
- ASP.NET Core
- .NET Core
- .NET Framework
- OneDrive for Android
- Microsoft Dynamics
Please note the following information regarding the security updates:
- For information regarding enabling Windows 10, version 1909 features, please see Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options. Note that Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909 share a common core operating system with an identical set of system files. They will also share the same security update KBs.
- Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
- A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
- Starting in May 2019, Internet Explorer 11 is available on Windows Server 2012. This configuration is present only in the IE Cumulative package.
- Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
- In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
- Note: Support for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008 ends January 14, 2020. For more information please see Lifecycle FAQ-Extended Security Updates.
The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.
- CVE-2020-0601 *
- CVE-2020-0609 *
- CVE-2020-0610 *
- CVE-2020-0612 *
- CVE-2020-0654 *
The following KBs contain information about known issues with the security updates. For a complete list of security update KBs, please see 20200114. For more information about Windows Known Issues, please see Windows message center (links to currently-supported versions of Windows are in the left pane).
|KB Article||Applies To|
|4534271||Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016|
|4534273||Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server version 1809, Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server version 1809|
|4534276||Windows 10, version 1709|
|4534283||Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)|
|4534288||Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)|
|4534293||Windows 10, version 1803, Windows Server version 1803|
|4534297||Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)|
|4534309||Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)|