This year, Prime Day was once again the largest shopping event in Amazon history across the globe. Over the two days of Prime Day, on July 15 and 16, sales surpassed the previous Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined. Prime members purchased more than 175 million items throughout the event. Prime Day was also the biggest event ever for Amazon devices, when comparing two-day periods – top-selling deals worldwide were Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
“Every year, we look forward to offering Prime members great deals across everything they need from homeware and fashion to the latest in tech and our own devices,” said Doug Gurr, UK Country Manager, Amazon. “This year we’re thrilled that members in the UK had access to more deals than ever before, helping make Prime Day 2019, the biggest global shopping event in Amazon history.”
Global Highlights from Prime Day 2019
- Prime members worldwide saved more than one billion dollars throughout Prime Day.
- Millions of items delivered in one day or faster using Prime Free One-Day, Prime Free Same-Day, or Prime Now worldwide – making it the fastest Prime Day ever.
- Amazon welcomed more new Prime members on July 15 than any previous day, and almost as many on July 16 – making these the two biggest days ever for member signups.
- Customers made their homes smarter by purchasing millions of smart home devices.
- Customers purchased twice as many Ring and Blink devices this Prime Day as last year, when comparing two-day periods.
- Prime Day was the biggest event ever on Amazon for Alexa devices with screens, such as Echo Show and Echo Show 5.
- This was the best Prime Day ever for Fire tablets
Customers purchased hundreds of thousands of Amazon devices designed for kids this Prime Day such as Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet. This was also the best Prime Day ever for Kindle devices
UK Highlights from Prime Day 2019
- A record number of UK Prime members shopped during the 48 hours of Prime Day 2019 versus any other two day period
- Deals categories most shopped for include wine, beauty, PC and home
- Best-selling deals in the UK included: the Sony PlayStation Classic Console, the Oral-B SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush, and the Shark Vacuum Cleaner
- The fastest Prime Now deliveries included a Fire TV Stick delivered to a Prime member in Newcastle in 12 minutes and 6 seconds, and a grocery shop including Morrison’s pork and apple sausages and Haribo sweets to a member in Surrey in 13 minutes and 43 seconds.