CVE Number – CVE-2019-11583
- A vulnerability in Atlassian Jira could allow an authenticated, remote attacker to cause a denial of service (DoS) condition on a targeted system
The vulnerability exists in the issue searching component of the affected software when ordering by Epic Name. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to deny access to the Jira service on a targeted system. A successful exploit could result in a DoS condition.
Atlassian has confirmed the vulnerability and released software updates.
- To exploit this vulnerability, the attacker must have user-level access to the targeted system. This access requirement could reduce the likelihood of a successful exploit.
- Administrators are advised to apply the appropriate updates.
Administrators are advised to allow only trusted users to have network access.
Administrators are advised to run both firewall and antivirus applications to minimize the potential of inbound and outbound threats.
Administrators may consider using IP-based access control lists (ACLs) to allow only trusted systems to access the affected systems.
Administrators can help protect affected systems from external attacks by using a solid firewall strategy.
Administrators are advised to monitor affected systems.
- Atlassian has released an issue report at the following link: JSWSERVER-20111 – CVE-2019-11583
- Atlassian has software updates at the following link: Jira 8.1.0
UK based technology professional, with an interest in computer security and telecoms.