In order to do this you must have OpenSSL installed on your Windows or Linux system. This software is free to download and use.
Step 1 – Install OpenSSL
Download from https://www.openssl.org/source/
- Download either win32 or win64 from https://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/
2. Extract all the files in the ZIP to a folder ( e.g c:\openssl )
Step 2 – Convert PFX to PEM
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the OpenSSL directory.
- Type openssl (this will open the OpenSSL prompt)
- Type pkcs12 -in certificate.pfx -nokeys -out cert-key.pem
- Enter the required password for the key.
- This should now generate the PEM file in the OpenSSL folder.