- CVE Number – CVE-2019-2699
- A vulnerability in the Windows DLL subcomponent of the Java SE component of Oracle Java SE could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to compromise a targeted system completely.
The vulnerability is due to improper input validation that is performed by the affected software. An attacker with network access to the system via multiple protocols could exploit the vulnerability by sending network packets that are designed to submit malicious input to the affected software. A successful exploit could allow the attacker to compromise the system completely.
Oracle confirmed the vulnerability and released software updates.
- Administrators are advised to apply the appropriate updates.
Administrators are advised to allow only trusted users to have network access.
Administrators are advised to run both firewall and antivirus applications to minimize the potential of inbound and outbound threats.
Administrators may consider using IP-based access control lists (ACLs) to allow only trusted systems to access the affected systems.
Administrators can help protect affected systems from external attacks by using a solid firewall strategy.
Administrators are advised to monitor affected systems.
- Oracle released a security advisory at the following link: Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory – April 2019
- Oracle released software updates at the following link: Oracle Downloads