CVE Number = CVE-2018-11106 ( PSV-2018-0051)
NETGEAR has released fixes for a pre-authentication command injection in request_handler.php security vulnerability on the following product models:
- WC7500, running firmware versions prior to 126.96.36.199
- WC7520, running firmware versions prior to 188.8.131.52
- WC7600v1, running firmware versions prior to 184.108.40.206
- WC7600v2, running firmware versions prior to 220.127.116.11
- WC9500, running firmware versions prior to 18.104.22.168
NETGEAR strongly recommends that you download the latest firmware as soon as possible.
To download the latest firmware for your NETGEAR product:
- Visit NETGEAR Support.
- Start typing your model number in the search box, then select your model from the drop-down menu as soon as it appears.
If you do not see a drop-down menu, make sure that you entered your model number correctly, or select a product category to browse for your product model.
- Click Downloads.
- Under Current Versions, select the download whose title begins with Firmware Version.
- Click Download.
- Follow the instructions in your product’s user manual, firmware release notes, or product support page to install the new firmware.
The pre-authentication command injection in request_handler.php vulnerability remains if you do not complete all recommended steps. NETGEAR is not responsible for any consequences that could have been avoided by following the recommendations in this notification.
Duncan is a technology professional with over 20 years experience of working in various IT roles. He has a interest in cyber security, and has a wide range of other skills in radio, electronics and telecommunications.