NETGEAR has released fixes for a post-authentication stack overflow security vulnerability on the following product models – Wireless AC Router NightHawk:
- R7800, running firmware versions prior to 220.127.116.11
- R9000, running firmware versions prior to 18.104.22.168
NETGEAR strongly recommends that you download the latest firmware as soon as possible.
To download the latest firmware for your NETGEAR product:
- Visit NETGEAR Support.
- Start typing your model number in the search box, then select your model from the drop-down menu as soon as it appears.
If you do not see a drop-down menu, make sure that you entered your model number correctly, or select a product category to browse for your product model.
- Click Downloads.
- Under Current Versions, select the download whose title begins with Firmware Version.
- Click Download.
- Follow the instructions in your product’s user manual, firmware release notes, or product support page to install the new firmware.